Sunday, November 19, 2006

So the booklists have arrived, and I don't believe it... the new books are so damn expensive. And at the start of last year they said the current books will last us for two years, and in the end we don't even use it, stupid, stupid, stupid.

Idiotses.

This school is seriously screwed up, look at the module selection, because of some idiot people deciding that because "we are a math and science school", last year I didn't get to take lit or music which I wanted to, and this year Basic Musicianship is not availible to me. Great. I had no problems selecting all the math and science modules, core or otherwise. But when it comes to art and humanities...

Idiotses.

3D Enrichment Level 2
Beyond Foundation Physics
Contemporary Art Theory & Practice Level 2
From Malaya to Malaysia: a History of Modern Malaysia (1874-1970s)
Great Journeys in Literature
Multicultural Music
The Changing Face of Agriculture

And I get to choose, among all these, a grand to total of...

One module.

Idiotses.

I want 3D Enrichment (Almost failed 3d last sem, aww well at least there is 2D... what? No comtemperory art? So I can't take any art modules except 2D? idiots), Beyond Foundation Physics (Cos Physics this year was totally crap, and they have some"more
updated topics like Relativity Newtonian and Einsteinian, Quantum Physics, Particle Physics and Cosmology", I WANT IT, but they say physics will get really really hard as we move to higher years, so I force myself to let go), and Multicultural music. Chose the music.

Idiotses.

My parents won't let me take violin, they think you need to either already know it or hire someone to teach you at home, even though it clearly states "Students reading this module must be absolute beginners." Bleh.

Idiotses.

And you know what? As we move to higher years the required MCs for art and humanities grows lesser and lesser. Hey I came here because my math and science was good, NOT becuase I'm bad at humanities and arts of whatever.

Idiotses.

Just thinking about it makes me mad.

Idiotses.

Well moving on, I found a way to download songs from radioblogclub. So now instead of using limewire or bittorrent I can just find a song on radioblogclub.com and download it. Much faster, speeds are now around 50 kb/s, imagine comparing that to limewire or bittorrent, and you still have to search and download the torrent file! Lol, only problem is the song quality is quite low, most are 64 kbps and a few are 32 kbps. Nevermind, I'm fine with lower quality.

Went back to school to watch the concert. Quite nice, except for the stupid view. They should've put it in the audi.

Moving back we had the arts fest. Better than expected, made a profit of... wait I don't think I can reveal it here, right? Anyway we had to close early, if we had more paint we could have painted over the paint and leave the good ones alone so eventually it'll look better, too bad about the paint.

Ram has declared a "a rebellion against the price of the books in booklists for year 2s". I join!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home